Print        

Muslim World Must Bring Saudi Arabia to Justice for Atrocities

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has called on the Muslim world to join forces and bring the Saudi regime to justice for its atrocities in Muslim countries of the Middle East.

“The countries of the region and the Muslim world should take concerted efforts aimed at resolving the existing problems and punishing the Saudi government,” Rouhani said.

The Iranian chief executive highlighted Riyadh’s support for terrorism, adding that the regime is “practically spilling the blood of Muslims in Iraq, Syria, and Yemen through its crimes in the region.”

Rouhani further lambasted Saudi authorities for their “tactlessness and ineptitude” in overseeing the Hajj pilgrimage last year, when thousands of Muslim pilgrims, including 465 Iranians, died in a human crush.

“The Iranian government and the Islamic Republic’s establishment will never let the blood of martyrs go wasted and will keep up its legal and political efforts to restore their rights,” Rouhani asserted.

Rouhani further slammed Saudi rulers for creating obstacles to prevent the dispatch of Iranian pilgrims to this year’s Hajj rituals.

Hajj serves as a time when the Muslim world’s interests and unity should be paraded to the world, but the Saudi kingdom, “has even stopped short of verbally apologizing to Muslims” for the Mina tragedy, Rouhani added.

Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif also said the religion of Iran and most of the Muslim world is nothing like that of Saudi Arabian Wahhabis.

“Indeed; no resemblance between Islam of Iranians & most Muslims & bigoted extremism that Wahhabi top cleric & Saudi terror masters preach,” Zarif said.

Zarif made the remark in response to a top Wahhabi cleric saying that Iranians are not Muslims.

Earlier, Saudi Arabia’s Grand Mufti Sheikh Abdul Aziz Al ash-Sheikh told an Arabic language newspaper that Iranians are not Muslims and have a deep animosity towards Sunnis.

The Mufti’s remarks were made after Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei criticized those in charge of Hajj over last year’s Mina tragedy.

The Iranian Foreign Minister also said Saudi Arabia has taken the holy sites of Islam hostage in order to implement its spiteful policies and serve the arrogant powers and the Israeli regime.

“The Al Saud regime, which has brazenly revealed its age-old alliance with the Zionist enemy, is taking the holy Islamic sites hostage to realize its lowly and spiteful sectarian and political policies and use them to serve the arrogance and the Zionism,” Zarif said.

Zarif further said the "unlimited obstinacy, imbecility, bigotry, and wealth of Saudi rulers have turned Al Saud into a ruthless and irrational regime" which has plunged the Middle East and the entire world into the "most deplorable and disastrous" conditions in modern history by creating, nurturing and spreading terrorism.
Regional governments and nations are now targeted by the Saudi regime’s "imprudent spite and malevolence, he added.

The top Iranian diplomat emphasized that "suspicious, filthy, and evil hands" can be seen not only behind the Mina tragedy but in all crises that have plagued sensitive areas in the Middle East, from Bahrain to Yemen and from Iraq to Syria and Lebanon and even during the annual Hajj season in the territories where the Holy Qur'an was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).

These hands have targeted the fate of Muslim nations and unity of the Muslim world in its confrontation with the common danger of Zionism and international terrorism, he added.

Zarif emphasized that the Iranian Foreign Ministry always considers itself as responsible regarding the life, dignity and property of Iranians outside the country and attaches the highest priority to such an Islamic and national undertaking in all of its interactions, consultations and relations with other countries and the international community.

The Iranian foreign minister expressed regret that after the attack on the Saudi embassy in Tehran in January, Riyadh used the move as a pretext to block all paths for pursuing the issue of Mina crush with the purpose of evading responsibility vis-à-vis the victims and avoiding apology.

Saudi Arabia gave no response to the Islamic Republic’s initiatives and efforts such as a proposal to set up a fact-finding Islamic committee via the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, he said, adding that Riyadh also refrained from giving a response to voluntary bids by some Muslim countries in the region to investigate the consequences of last year’s bloody Hajj.

Despite all Saudi regime’s acts of obstruction, the Iranian Foreign Ministry would proceed with efforts to restore the rights of the victims of the Mina disaster, Zarif pointed out.

Iran has also dismissed the Saudi foreign minister’s baseless accusation that Tehran “backs terrorism,” saying the ringleaders of terror groups such as al-Qaeda and Daesh are in fact guided by Takfiri Wahhabism preached in the kingdom.

Bahram Qassemi, the spokesman of the Iranian Foreign Ministry, was reacting to recent remarks by Adel al-Jubeir, who rehashed the claim that Tehran is supporting the al-Qaeda terror network and terrorism, in general.

The Iranian official said Jubeir’s “ridiculous and repetitious” allegations come while senior figures of such terror groups as Taliban, al-Qaeda and Daesh, which are wreaking havoc and slaughtering people, are either Saudi citizens or influenced by the extremist Wahhabi ideology dominant in the kingdom.

“This is a bitter reality to which the entire world and the conscience of all humankind are gradually waking up,” Qassemi added.

The Iranian official added that the Al Saud regime keeps accusing others of meddling in the domestic affairs of their neighbors, while Riyadh, itself, has long been waging a “cruel, destructive and sinister” war against innocent civilians in Yemen.

The ongoing unrest plaguing the Middle East and the oppression of innocent people in the region are rooted in such foreign interference, said Qassemi, adding that the policies pursued by the supporters of extremist ideologies merely fuel the chaos.

This is not the first time the Saudi foreign minister levels such accusations against Iran.

Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokesman has also censured the Bahraini foreign minister for his recent allegations against the Islamic Republic, calling on the top diplomat to stay away from approaches that seek to "sow division" among the Muslim ummah.

Bahram Qassemi advised Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifah to deal with his own country's "internal problems instead of being narrow-minded and adopting repetitious stances ordered and indoctrinated by those who have gone astray in the region."

The senior Iranian official also called on the Bahraini foreign minister "to avoid making remarks about issues that relate to Muslims’ most significant religious ritual without referring to the massacre of innocent Muslims during the Mina tragedy" last year.

Iran's Foreign Ministry spokesman has also dismissed the recent allegations by the Arab League chief that Tehran is "interfering" in the internal affairs of Syria.

Bahram Qassemi, rejected the recent remarks made by Arab League Secretary General Ahmed Aboul Gheit as groundless and a repetition of unfounded allegations against the Islamic Republic.

“The continuation of the regrettable and heart-wrenching situation in Syria is the result of the policies and interference of the governments that have been acting against the legal and established government of Syria, and equip, train and nurture terrorists in the name of fighting terrorism and cause destruction, homelessness and killing of the country's children,” the Iranian official said.

He also stressed the need to respect the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Syria as well as the Syrian people’s right to determine their fate.

Qassemi called on the Arab League chief to avoid adopting “unconstructive and unrealistic approaches” and instead review the complicated situation of the region to help foster unity among regional nations and find effective solutions to the plight gripping the Middle East. 

The Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman has also vehemently dismissed a statement issued by the Ministerial Council of the Arab League about three Iranian islands in the Persian Gulf, saying such injudicious approaches would deepen divisions in the Middle East.

“Such injudicious stances will lead to even more gaps among regional countries and a delay in purposeful regional cooperation,” Bahram Qassemi, said.

He added that the statement stemmed from the Arab League’s political motives and its failure to understand historical realities and was a blatant example of interference in Iran’s internal affairs.

“The principled policy of the Islamic Republic of Iran regarding the Persian Gulf littoral states is the observance of good neighborliness, mutual respect and non-interference in the internal affairs of other countries as well as heeding historical and legal realities and the current sensitive situation in the region,” Qassemi pointed out.

Qassemi also reacted to remarks by the secretary general of the [Persian] Gulf Cooperation Council ([P]GCC), Abdullatif bin Rashid Al Zayani, who accused Iran of politicizing the Hajj rituals.

The Islamic Republic of Iran believes what befell pilgrims during last year’s Hajj clearly showed the inefficiency and inability of the Saudi rulers to handle the huge rituals of Hajj, the Iranian official said.

Qassemi said by playing a blame game over the tragic incident, Saudi Arabia cannot shirk its responsibility and whitewash its inefficiency in handling the Hajj rituals.

*Photo Credit: Press TVISNA

طراحی و توسعه آگاه‌سیستم